2012年8月16日木曜日

Japanese and arts

One year ago, I bought an art work that an art college student drew. I met with her at a party and she showed me some of her works. I was surprised by the gap between the image of her works and the image of herself. I felt her works very powerful but she was a quiet, gentle girl in person. I felt her and her works interesting, so I bought one of her works.


In Japan, many people would think that they aren't good at painting because they have little experience of enjoying drawing. For me, I liked drawing since my childhood. Once I focused on drawing, I forgot time. Now, I'm not an artist so I enjoy going to museums. Also, I belonged to an art gallery club where the members of the club went to art galleries once a month. The owner of the club said that only a few Japanese people buy art so the artists can't earn enough money as an artist. To support the artists, he bought their works ( He continued buying art works for thirty years!).

Thanks to him, I was interested in buying art works so I decided to buy the work. I feel that the art work in my room helps cheer me up. Some people think that buying art works means investment, others think it is only to decorate their room. But for me, I felt happy with the art work.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿