2012年4月15日日曜日

English examinations

I started a consultation service for my MBA and had my first appointment last Saturday. My first priority was to increase my TOEFL score and apply to the class with the September intake, but the counselor advised me that it is too early to apply for the class and to take another English exams such as IELTS or TOEIC.

There are many MBA programs which accept English exams other than the TOEFL so it is effective that I understand which test is suitable for me.

By the way, I think my listening skills are hopeless because I can't understand much. I did many exercises to repeat words after the voice of an English speaker so I am able to listen English words or phrases but I am not able to understand at the same speed a speaker speaks. I added and changed my study of listening to the following one month ago.

First, I read as many books as possible. I think reading a lot of books helps me to understand at the same speed as I listen.

Second, I listen to English while being aware of the construction and I analyze which part of English is used in the answer. I realize the main topic of the English and answers or examples of the main topic are used in the answer of the test.

Thanks to these methods, I realize little by little which point I should listen to in the exam. I will try to continue to improve my English.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿