2012年3月24日土曜日

Women as leaders

Are Women Better Leaders than Men?
http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2012/03/a_study_in_leadership_women_do.html

The author of the article said that in the real world, the majority of leaders are men, and the higher the level, the more men there are. On the other hand, the author's survey that rated the effectiveness of the leadership shows that women got a higher score than the men, so he argues that women have fundamental behavior that drives the success of a leader.

I'm interested in this article because the number of women employees is greater than that of men in my company, but the higher the level, the less women there are. The situation is same as the article. I wonder why there are these situations.

One reason I think is that women must take care of their children so it is impossible to work hard. For example, one of my colleagues who was a manager and had children had a difficult time in her business. She had to come home by five to pick up her children and couldn't attend some important meetings because of her children's sudden illness. Consequently, sharing important information was delayed sometimes, which confused the section members.

Another reason I think is that women tend to be emotional. My colleague has a great ability to be an efficient leader but she gets emotional and talks with her heart sometimes. At that time, I feel that it is hard to work with her. People want to be happy at work, so they would avoid working with an emotional person.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿