2012年3月20日火曜日

motivation control

Yesterday, I took a TOEFL exam at a test center in Saitama, but due to a system breakdown, the examination was canceled. Today, I got an e-mail from prometric which said that I can choose either a refund or a reschedule. This weekend, I will take the exam too, so I hope there won't be the same problem.

By the way, I think about motivation control these days because my motivation lowered when I finished the GMAT in the middle of February. It took two or three weeks to regain my motivation. I regained my motivation for two reasons:

Firstly, I took part in a lecture that was put on by my company. The theme was related to studying English, so I asked the lecturer what she thought of the MBA program. She said it was a waste of time because the MBA program takes two years, and during this period, people have to put their career on hold. Of course, she didn't know I was interested in the MBA program. This opinion was understandable, as I thought about it this way before. However I became convinced of the benefit of the MBA program; therefore, I thought this period would be beneficial for me and I don't want to compromise.

Secondly, I realize the time pressure. I want to apply in 2012 so the deadline will be in June. I need a TOEFL and GMAT score at the latest in May, to prepare for my essay. If I don't study hard now, I won't have the chance to go to the dream school.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿